Call for Professional Services
5-30 Health and Wellness Challenge
ACTI-MENU’s 5-30 Health and Wellness Challenge promotes healthy eating habits and physical activity into one’s daily life. The challenge entails eating 5 fruits/vegetables and exercising for 30 minutes each day. The challenge begins on March 1st and ends on April 11th 2012. The “Les Iles en Forme et en Sante” Project will be promoting the Challenge within the English-speaking community through the coordination and delivery of various events and activities aimed at promoting healthy active living among community members.
The Project is currently seeking applications for a 5/30 Health Challenge Animator to coordinate and animate a 6 week Health Challenge within the English-speaking community of the Magdalen Islands.
- Plan and organize the Health Challenge activities in collaboration with the community partners (CAMI, the Municipality of Grosse Ile, the Community Learning Centre, the community of Entry Island and any others deemed necessary)
- Organize and deliver a publicity campaign within the community
- Recruit teams to participate in the 6 week Challenge
- Animate Challenge activities
- Track participation in all Challenge activities and tally team points weekly
- Produce a final report (Evaluation and report on activities)
- Other tasks related to the development and delivery of the program
- Strong organizational skills, able to multi-task and willing to learn new skills
- The candidate must be self motivated and able to work independently but also capable of working with others
- Strong English language skills, both oral and written. Able to communicate minimally in the French language
- Familiarity with recent computer programs
- Availability to work flexible hours, weekends, etc…and travel to central Islands when required
Terms of Contract:
Contract will be non-insurable for a period of 9 weeks at 15 hours per week, id=mce_marker5 per hour beginning on February 20th, 2012 and ending on April 20th, 2012
The contracted professional must have access to his / her own computer
Those interested are asked to please supply a cover letter and curriculum vitae. Only the candidates selected for an interview will be contacted. All applications must be received at the address below before noon on Wednesday, February 15th, 2012.
787 Principal Road
Grosse Ile, Qc
Tel.: (418) 985-2116 EXT. #1 Fax: (418) 985-2113
For further information regarding this contract, please contact Helena Burke at the CAMI office or Nancy Clark at the Grosse Ile School (418) 985-2885.